Our independent course, designed and taught by certified doulas / childbirth educators, is designed to provide families with the most current evidence-based information, empowering you to make educated and informed decisions for your birth. The class helps to prepare families physically, mentally, and emotionally -- not only for the birth, but for the subsequent postpartum period at home with the new baby.
Course topics include:
- Maintaining a healthy pregnancy (nutrition, exercise, prenatal holistic wellness)
- Understanding the birth process
- Making thoughtful decisions about childbirth
- Writing a birth plan/preferences
- Finding comfort during labor (positions, breathing, relaxation, visualization)
- Interventions and variations in labor
- Partner's role in childbirth
- Postpartum tips and care
- Breastfeeding basics and infant care
Price is per couple. 10 hours of instruction time, offered in a 5-week format or a 2-day weekend format.