Our doulas provide hands-on support in the initial days and weeks following the birth to help new families find solid footing at home with their new babies. Our daytime postpartum packages allow for doulas to serve in both a teaching and support role, to help new families learn the basics of newborn care and find a rhythm in the early postpartum period.
During daytime postpartum support hours, our doulas offer the following services:
- Free initial consultation/interview
- Telephone, text, and email support throughout the early months of parenthood
- Referrals as needed to community or other resources
- Breastfeeding encouragement and support
- Assistance with baby care and self-care recovery measures
- Assistance in caring for and feeding your new baby/babies
- Support adjusting to new roles
- Household organizational support, such as preparing occasional light snacks, helping with baby laundry, and washing bottles/dishes
Price listed is for one hour of daytime postpartum doula support; there is a four-hour minimum for daytime shifts. Please select the number of hours anticipated for the total fee.